Besides drinking plenty of fluids and not breathing on anyone?
Two things to do when you have the flu and business is just not on the day’s agenda:
- have a stack of dvd’s ready by the sofa onto which you’ve plumped your favorite pillows with a cup of Gevalia’s Ancient Cherry Tea – I spoon in a nice dollop of honey to soothe my sore throat [if you haven’t tried this tea, it’s inspirational]
- browse the newspaper to see if anything jumps out
**side note: because I have a direct selling business and work from home, I have the “luxury” of being sick – one of the beauties of a network marketing business’s residual income features is that it keeps on working even when you don’t.
Today’s newspaper perusal:
- on daytime talk show Martha Stewart , Paula Abdul is going to bake chocolate thumbprint cookies …” filled with creamy ganache….” – I’m trying to get excited about this, but since I have the flu nothing food-ish sounds good
- on The Doctors some kind of “…cutting-edge test can be taken at home to detect more than 100 potentially dangerous diseases….” – well, I’m going to pass on that one because in my delicate condition I might catch something else just by knowing about it
- then there’s some kind of whoop-de-do big news about NBC having Jay Leno’s show on 5 nights a week at 10 p.m….well, again I can’t get worked up about this because I’m usually falling asleep by 10 p.m. – yep, my Amazon parrot, George, and I call it a night about 10 p.m. while husband checks his email.
- local gasoline prices have fallen 71 cents overall [we’re of course talking about the Bay Area in the U.S.] – at our local station we saw it push almost $5.00 a gallon in June…now it’s closer to $1.90+ – amazing isn’t it, that the “oil producers/industries” can yank that gasoline price chain however they want? [AAA is right now showing a current state average for California for regular at $1.788]
- okay, here’s a big item: the Dow falls 243…well, the Dow goes up, the Dow goes down…like the roller coaster I enjoyed at Disneyland during our vacation in October [well, my sister-in-law and husband enjoyed it, my brother and I…not so much]
- Oh! some GOOD NEWS! Netflix, Inc. is having a very good quarter! Finally…a company doing well. Good for them!
There is one other thing I want to do today before I take my many cat-naps…read the Dec. 8 issue of Newsweek – I bought it because it has a story on the cover that sounds promising: “How to Fix the World.” I’d really like to know if there is an answer.
Filed under: Home-based Business, Network Marketing, Not quite business | Tagged: business, direct marketing, Direct Selling, Disneyland, flu, Gevalia, health, home-based business, independent distributor, network marketing, Newsweek |