1. Visualize your success. Have you defined it? Do you know where you want to be in 5 years? 10 years? What does success look like to you?
2. Take 20 minutes to look through your “dream book” or look over your “dream board.” You don’t have one? Then how do you know where you are going and what you are working for? A scrapbook or bulletin board is a great place to put clippings from travel magazines, new home flyers, information about gadgets and cars you’d like to have and causes to which you’d like to contribute.
3. Review your goals for 15 minutes. Are your goals [measurable milestone markers] in line with your dreams and aspirations? Are your goals indeed measurable? How will you know when you have achieved one?
4. Spend 10 minutes being grateful. Fill your mind and heart with gratitude that you have been given health, intelligence, support, encouragement, financial assistance…whatever has come your way to get you where you are in your business right now.
5. Send a note to 2 customers thanking them for their patronage. Without your customers…their goodwill…their repeat orders…and their referrals…your business goes nowhere. Somewhere along the way in the 21st century, the “niceties” of saying “please” and “thank you” and “you are appreciated” have fallen by the wayside. It’s time to pick them up and make them added values of doing business.
6. Have coffee with a business associate and ask them how they are doing. Don’t talk about yourself or your business at all…give that person your full attention. This associate could be an employee or a downline member of your team.
7. Give yourself an attitude adjustment. Do you take a “half full” or “half empty” approach to your business and your life in general? Remember this: whatever attitude you wear, others see and respond to. An attitude that tends to the negative will draw that in return. Is that the vision of your business you want others to see? An attitude of positive, of winning, of “can do” will draw that to your business…and therein lies success.
7 ½. Smile all day today.